Brampton is renowned for being the most expensive city in Ontario for car insurance. Some studies have shown that insurance rates in Brampton can be up to 75% higher than average. Although the reason for this is unclear, many people point to the high number of insurance claims in Brampton. The speed limits in Brampton are higher than average, and the city also has higher incidences of insurance fraud.
Car Insurance Brampton
So how can Brampton drivers prevent their car insurance quotes from being astronomically high? We will look at tips for finding cheap car insurance in Brampton and help you try and save money on your auto insurance. We also provide insight into car insurance in other places in Canada such as Toronto or Vancouver.
Best Car Insurance Online
If you are looking for Brampton car insurance, you may find it simpler and quicker to compare insurance companies online. Brampton, and Ontario as a whole, run a no-fault insurance system. This means that if you are involved in an accident, you claim from your own policy, regardless of who is at fault. The best way to find popular Brampton auto insurance companies is through RATESDOTCA. Keep reading.
The auto insurance market in Brampton is competitive, with many different providers. By using RATESDOTCA, you can compare car insurance quotes from many different providers at the same time. RATESDOTCA works like an insurance search engine. They are partnered with more than 50 insurance providers across Canada.
RATESDOTCA allows you to compare quotes from car insurance companies in Brampton and the wider Toronto area. You can view quotes from the best insurance providers at the same time. You can then choose the best provider for you. RATESDOTCA is partnered with some of the most well-known insurance providers. This includes Allianz, Allstate, Aviva, CAA, and Pem Bridge.
To access your personalized insurance quotes, RATESDOTCA requires you to provide certain personal information. This is so they can show accurate insurance quotes. This includes information about your vehicle, your driving history, and your insurance history.
They will then show your car insurance quotes from more than 50 providers! You then have to set the coverage level you require and choose the best auto insurance for you!
RATESDOTCA offers its customers additional opportunities to save money on their insurance policy. You may be eligible for a discount if you:
- Bundle your home and auto policies.
- Take a driver’s education course.
- Keep a clean driving record.
- Pay your premium upfront.
- Get snow tires.
- Sign up for a safe driving program.
- Increase your deductibles.
- Are a member of an affiliated organization.
If you are still unsure whether comparing car insurance quotes on RATESDOTCA is the best option for you, take a look at our pros and cons list below.
- On average, drivers from Ontario saved 30% on their car insurance rates compared to the average. This equates to an impressive $511 saving!
- You can compare dozens of insurance providers in Brampton quickly and easily. Your list of insurance quotes is obligation-free. RATESDOTCA doesn’t even take your payment information. Instead, they connect you directly with the insurance provider who will finalize your policy.
- There are multiple types of coverage and policies offered at different rates, giving you plenty of options.
- Using RATESDOTCA is completely free. All their fees are paid by the insurance provider, not by the customer.
- You can choose to pay your insurance annually rather than monthly, which will save you money.
- Using RATESDOTCA is completely free! You can compare Brampton car insurance for no fee.
- They help you get the best rates by connecting you with the cheapest car insurance providers in Brampton.
- They are linked with more car insurance companies than any other comparison website.
- Discounts are available if you belong to specific organizations or companies. Consult their website for a complete list.
- They can be easily contacted by phone or email.
- Multiple coverage options are available. This includes Liability Coverage, Accident Benefits and Direct Compensation for property damage. You could also opt for Comprehensive Coverage. Optional add-ons can cover collisions, rental cars, loss of use, and a depreciation waiver.
- The service is only available in three provinces, so if you decided to move out of Ontario, you would no longer be able to use their site.
- There is no live chat feature if you need instant support or advice.
- There are many smaller insurance companies in Brampton that do not use comparison sites such as RATESDOTCA. You may need to search for ‘car insurance near me‘ and contact them directly to access these.
If you are looking for affordable car insurance in Brampton, using RATESDOTCA can show you multiple providers and policy options. You can compare car insurance rates, coverage options and prices to find the best option for you.
Many car drivers in Brampton are using RATESDOTCA, and you could be next! It only takes a few minutes to receive your tailored list of insurance quotes. If none of the quotes interest you, no commitment is required.
Visit RATESDOTCA’s website today for more information or to find the perfect insurance policy for you.
Our next offering is another insurance comparison site. LowestRates.ca is a free, independent service that allows you to compare cheap car insurance quotes in Brampton free of charge. LowestRates.ca is partnered with more than 75 insurance providers across Canada!
LowestRates.ca is so popular that nearly 30,000 Canadians have compared insurance quotes on their website in the last 24 hours alone.
You will first be asked some questions about you and your vehicle. This could include questions about your driving history. LowestRates.ca will then show you quotes from 75+ insurance providers.
Once you choose the best policy for you, you will be connected with a licensed insurance broker or agent. They will talk you through the policy and finalize the details.
Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of LowestRates.ca.
- It only takes 3 minutes to receive your list of personalized insurance quotes.
- Using LowestRates.ca is completely free. All fees are covered by the insurance provider.
- You can save hundreds of dollars a year on your car insurance through Lowest Rates.
- LowestRates.ca is partnered with some of the top insurance providers in Canada. This includes Aviva, Sonnet, Scotia Bank, and CAA Insurance.
- You can bundle your car insurance with another type of insurance and receive a discount.
- LowestRates.ca also offers home insurance and life insurance. They also offer other financial products, such as mortgages and credit cards.
- LowestRates.ca has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) – the highest possible score.
- You may not be able to contact LowestRates.ca directly if you need advice or to make a claim.
- LowestRates.ca does not state whether it offers any discounts on its website.
3. PC Insurance
PC Insurance is an insurance broker that shops with up to eight insurance providers in Brampton. The insurance team takes the time to get to know you, your driving habits, and your insurance needs. They then search their list of insurance providers to find the best policy for you.
You can get an insurance quote online or speak to one of PC’s insurance specialists over the phone. PC insurance is partnered with some of the most well-known providers. This includes Aviva, Pem Bridge, Intact Insurance, and PAFCO.
As well as the mandatory insurance that is required in Ontario, PC Insurance also offers some additional coverage options:
- Collision and Upset
- Accident Forgiveness
- Family Protection
- Minor Ticket Protection
- Waiver of Depreciation
- Accident Forgiveness
- Liability for damage to non-owned cars
Below is a list of some of the pros and cons of choosing PC Insurance for your Brampton car insurance.
- Allowing a broker to search for motorcycle insurance on your behalf may save you time and effort and give you access to a lower insurance premium.
- There are more than 10 discount options available through PC Insurance.
- The claims department is open 24/7. Making a claim is easy. You will be assigned a claims professional who will provide you with information and keep you updated throughout.
- Be rewarded for every dollar you spend with a PC Financial Mastercard.
- PC Insurance is partnered with fewer insurance providers than other brokers. This means you may not have access to the best rates.
- PC Insurance may not be able to help you with insurance changes through the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO).
BrokerLink is one of the biggest insurance brokers in Canada. They are partnered with multiple insurance brokers in Brampton.
BrokerLink will create a customized insurance policy based on your driving habits, insurance requirements and budget. They will then provide you with a list of insurance quotes that match your needs. A BrokerLink insurance professional will help you to compare the quotes and choose the best policy for you.
To help save you money further, BrokerLink offers some discount options. These include:
- Loyalty discount
- Family discount
- Multi-vehicle discount
- Away at university discount
- Claims free discount
- Winter tires discount
- Bundling your insurance policies
- Attending driving school
BrokerLink offers some additional insurance options. This includes Collision Coverage, Comprehensive Coverage and Waiver of Depreciation.
- It takes less than 5 minutes to get your list of personalized car insurance quotes.
- You can apply for your list of quotes on BrokerLink’s website or over the phone.
- Flexible payment options are available. You can choose to pay your premium semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually.
- All customers will be given Accident Forgiveness. Your first at-fault accident will be forgiven, and your insurance will not be affected.
- Download BrokerLink’s myDrive app and be rewarded for safe driving. You could save up to 25%.
- There are fewer additional coverage options than some of BrokerLink’s competitors.
- BrokerLink does not state if there are any additional fees and charges to be aware of.
InsuranceHotline is a comparison site based in Ontario. They are partnered with more than 30 providers and have provided insurance to millions of Canadians.
It takes less than 5 minutes to search for insurance quotes on InsuranceHotline. You simply need to tell InsuranceHotline about your car, your driving history and habits and your insurance history. You can then compare quotes from dozens of providers at the same time.
Once you choose the best policy for you, you will be connected with an insurance professional who will help you finalize your choice.
InsuranceHotline offers several discounts to Brampton drivers. This includes:
- Usage-based insurance discount.
- Winter tires discount.
- Discount for those who have undergone a driver’s training course.
Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of InsuranceHotline’s car insurance.
- The average car insurance saving in Brampton was $888 for users of InsuranceHotline.
- InsuranceHotline will display unbiased results from multiple insurers.
- InsuranceHotline is partnered with some of Canada’s most popular motorcycle insurance providers. This includes Aviva, RSA, and Echelon Insurance.
- InsuranceHotline allows you to choose your own deductible. The higher the deductible, the lower your monthly premium will be.
- Educational resources are available on InsuranceHotline’s website. This includes tips on how to save on your motorcycle insurance and safe driving tips.
- There is no cost associated with using InsuranceHotline.
- Some policies may be more expensive than the industry average.
- InsuranceHotline will not be your insurance provider and instead acts as a middleman.
Factors that Impact Your Car Insurance Rates
Several factors may affect your car insurance rates in Brampton. Some of these may be out of your control. Other factors may be things you can change to lower your auto insurance price. Maintain a clean driving record and try not to make any claims. Taking a safety awareness course shows you are a responsible driver and may lower your premium.
Consider insurance costs before purchasing particular vehicles. Additionally, do not include unnecessary extras in your policy. Below, we will look at some of these factors and explain them in more detail.
One of the most significant factors that affect car insurance prices for Brampton drivers is their own demographics. A significant risk factor for insurance companies is your age. Drivers below the age of 30 will pay higher premiums. Newly qualified drivers will pay the highest prices. Some Brampton car insurance companies will refuse to insure them entirely. Above the age of 70, you may also see your insurance price rise, even if you have a clean driving record.
Insurance companies in Brampton will also consider your employment status and earnings. If you have a steady job with good earnings, you are less likely to default on your monthly payments. Not having a full license will also result in higher prices. Your gender can also have an impact, with male drivers in Brampton considered higher risk than females.
Where You Live
As mentioned earlier, Brampton car insurance is already higher than the provincial average. However, the cost of your insurance could also vary within Brampton itself. Brampton has more than 400 postal codes, and car insurance rates will vary in each one. If you live in an area with high crime rates or car thefts, your insurance premium will be higher, as your area is considered high-risk.
Additionally, if the area you live in has a high number of collisions historically, this can also impact your vehicle insurance rates. If you live on a busy intersection with a lot of traffic and collisions, you will be considered a high risk to insurance companies.
The more expensive your car, the higher your auto insurance price will be. This is because the cost of repairing or replacing the car will be higher. You will also pay more if your car’s make or model is often reported as stolen, so consider this when purchasing your car. If you have a faster car or one with a bigger, more powerful engine, this will also cause a rise in your insurance premium.
The size of your car can also impact your insurance price. On the busy roads of Brampton, a big vehicle is more likely to be involved in an accident. Bigger vehicles also tend to cause more damage to the other car.
How safe of a driver you are can have a significant impact on insurance rates in Brampton. Those who do not have a clean driving history are seen as high-risk. Keep your driving record free of any convictions or speeding tickets. A speeding ticket can impact your insurance cost by up to 40% or could cause you to lose your good driver discount. A major violation such as Driving Under the Influence (DUI) can double your insurance premium!
If you have previously made insurance claims, you may also find that your insurance premium will be higher. This is especially true if you were judged to be at fault in the accident. The more claims you have made, the higher your premium will be.
Type of Insurance
The cost of your insurance in Brampton can vary based on the amount of coverage you choose. If you take out a policy with a higher level of coverage, your insurance provider may have to pay out more money in the event of an accident. You also could choose to include optional extras such as accident benefits and protection from theft or fire. The more extras you have on your policy, the higher your premium will be.
The Bottom Line
Although car insurance in Brampton can be higher than in other areas, you can take steps to get a cheaper policy. Compare quotes from multiple providers and consider using a comparison website such as RATESDOTCA. Take any steps you can to avoid a high premium and always drive safely to prevent accidents. Insuring your vehicle in Brampton can be more affordable than you think, while still giving you the high level of coverage you need.