Best Car Insurance Online Toronto
Finding the best insurance companies with the best car insurance rates for Toronto drivers doesn’t have to be hard. You can use an online comparison site for car insurance, such as RATESDOTCA, to look at multiple insurance companies at once. This will help you save time and help you find an insurance policy that suits your unique needs. Let’s take a look at RATESDOTCA in more detail!
Our top choice for car insurance in Toronto is RATESDOTCA. RATESDOTCA is a website that helps Canadians find and compare insurance rates. They work as an insurance comparison site. RATESDOTCA is partnered with more than 50 well-known and reputable insurance companies across Canada. Companies such as Allianz, Allstate, CAA, Desjardins, and many more.
RATESDOTCA claims to offer the cheapest car insurance in Toronto. By using their service, you could pay 30% less than the average market rate. In fact, data collected by RATESDOTCA found that drivers in Toronto saved on average $511 on their car insurance through RATESDOTCA.
These providers offer a variety of types of policies. You can also find home, travel, life, pet, business, or car insurance at RATESDOTCA.
RATESDOTCA aims to help its customers save money. Additional discounts on your car insurance may be available if:
- You bundle your home and auto policies.
- Take a driver’s education course.
- Keep a clean driving record.
- Pay your premium upfront.
- Get snow tires.
- Sign up for a safe driving program.
- Increase your deductibles.
- Are a member of an affiliated organization.
To provide you with your free list of personalized insurance quotes, RATESDOTCA will first request information about you and your vehicle. You will also have to provide information about your driving and insurance history.
You can then see a list of customized quotes from the best insurance providers. You can easily compare these quotes and choose the best one for your needs and budget. RATESDOTCA will then connect you with the provider and secure your rate.
As RATESDOTCA has been around since 1999, they are one of the most well-known insurance comparison sites. Here are some of the pros and cons of using RATESDOTCA.
- As RATESDOTCA works with over 50 providers, everyone is sure to find a car insurance policy that suits them. They are partnered with more insurance providers than any other company in Canada.
- Using RATESDOTCA is not only simple, but it is also free. RATESDOTCA makes their money from the insurance companies, not from you.
- You can save a substantial amount of money on your insurance policy.
- There is no obligation to apply for the car insurance policies that RATESDOTCA shows you.
- RATESDOTCA lets you compare and contrast the rates and coverage that each insurance company offers.
- There is not a lot of specific eligibility requirements other than being a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- You can find any type of insurance you need (home, life, travel, pet, business, car) on RATESDOTCA.
- RATESDOTCA can help you find car insurance with liability coverage, accident benefits and direct compensation for property damage. Or, if you want add-ons, coverage could be comprehensive. You can cover collisions, rental cars, loss of use, and/or the depreciation waiver.
- RATESDOTCA offers personal tips and advice for Toronto drivers on its website. This includes how to drive safely in Toronto, the most congested intersections in the city and how to save on your insurance.
- RATESDOTCA is not a provider itself. It is simply a website that allows Canadians to search for a variety of car insurance rates and policies simultaneously.
- Their customer service is limited as they don’t offer live chat.
- Search filters are limited as you can’t search for specific details, such as a deductible limit.
If you want a quick and accurate estimate of what your Toronto auto insurance would be, RATESDOTCA is a great option. All you need to do is input some personal and financial information.
Then, RATESDOTCA can connect you with an insurance company that suits your specific needs. Using an insurance comparison site allows you to save money and compare insurance providers side by side. This ensures you have the best possible coverage at the lowest rate
As using RATESDOTCA is free, you have nothing to lose. Visit RATESDOTCA’s website today for more information, or to receive your personalized list of insurance quotes.
2. TD Insurance
Our next offering is TD Insurance, part of the TD Bank Group – one of the largest financial organizations in Canada. They are the largest direct-response home and auto insurance group in the country.
As well as the mandatory car insurance that is required in Ontario, TD also offers Enhanced and Special coverage options. These optional add-ons include:
- Specified Perils
- Comprehensive Coverage
- Collision or Upset
- All Perils Coverage
- Accident Forgiveness
- Uninterrupted Driving Coverage
- Removing Depreciation Deduction
It takes just a few minutes for TD Insurance to calculate your insurance quote. All insurance policies are completely customizable.
Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of TD’s car insurance in Toronto.
- TD Insurance offers comprehensive coverage at an affordable rate. You can also customize your insurance to meet your needs.
- You automatically qualify for a 5% discount if you complete a car insurance quote on TD Insurance’s website.
- You could also save an additional 25% if you download the TD MyAdvantage app. This is a usage-based savings program – the safer you drive the more money you will save.
- You can also save money if you bundle your house and auto insurance or if you insure more than one vehicle. Drivers of hybrid or electric cars may also qualify for discounts.
- Claims free rewards are available. The longer you go without making a claim, the more money you’ll save.
- Some of TD Insurance’s competitors may offer lower rates.
- Ridesharing or food delivery services are not covered under the insurance policy.
TD Insurance is a great option for those looking for insurance from a reputable, financially strong company. You have multiple insurance options and can customize your policy according to your needs and budget.
TD Insurance also offers many opportunities for discounts. This can help you save money on your policy. Visit TD Insurance’s website today for more information or to receive your free insurance quote.
BrokerLink has been operating since 1991 and is one of the biggest insurance brokers in Canada. They are a trusted insurance broker in Toronto and are partnered with insurance providers across the province.
They will work with you to create a customized policy. Your policy will be based on a number of factors, including your driving habits, insurance requirements and budget. BrokerLink will then provide you with a list of competitive insurance quotes for you to compare.
BrokerLink represents you, not the insurance provider. They aim to get the best possible insurance for you at a competitive price.
You can receive your personalized list of quotes in less than 5 minutes. You can apply for your quotes online or over the phone. BrokerLink’s experienced insurance professionals help you to compare quotes and choose the best policy for you.
BrokerLink also offers multiple discount opportunities, including:
- Loyalty discount
- Family discount
- Multi-vehicle discount
- Away at university discount
- Claims free discount
- Winter tires discount
- Bundling your insurance policies
- Attending driving school
Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of BrokerLink.
- Flexible payment options are available. You can pay semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually.
- All customers will be given Accident Forgiveness. Your first at-fault accident will be forgiven and your insurance will not be affected.
- Download the myDrive app and be rewarded for safe driving. You could save up to 25%.
- BrokerLink will try to find any applicable discounts. They can then apply for these discounts on your behalf.
- You can enhance your car insurance coverage by adding Collison Coverage or Comprehensive Coverage. You can also opt for a Waiver of Depreciation.
- BrokerLink has fewer optional coverage add-ons available.
- Your insurance policy will not be with BrokerLink directly. This means they may not be able to help you if you have any questions or need to make a claim.
Choosing an insurance broker can be a great way of getting the best car insurance. BrokerLink will assess your needs and recommend insurance providers accordingly. They are also industry experts so will be able to talk you through your different insurance options.
Although using an insurance broker can be more expensive, the expertise and experience they provide can be extremely beneficial.
Visit BrokerLink’s website today for more information.
4. PC Insurance
Our next offering is PC Insurance, another insurance broker. They shop with up to eight insurance providers across Ontario to find you the best possible rates. They are partnered with some of the most well-known providers, including Aviva, Pem Bridge, Intact Insurance, and PAFCO.
You will first be connected with a broker from PC Insurance. The broker will discuss your personal information, information about your car, your driving habits and driving history and your budget.
The broker will then research and compare different insurance plans. They will then show you the best insurance options for your needs and budget.
PC Insurance offers you some opportunities to reduce your premium. You could receive a discount if you:
- Install anti-theft devices.
- Install winter tires.
- Install a dashboard camera.
- Bundle your insurance policies.
- Enrol in a driving course.
To help you decide if PC Insurance is the best choice for you, below is a list of pros and cons for you to take a look at.
- PC Insurance is available 24/7 to help you with any claims.
- Be rewarded for every dollar you spend with a PC Financial Mastercard. You can earn double points when you pay your premium with this Mastercard.
- PC Insurance offers more than 10 different discount opportunities.
- Optional coverage is available, including Minor Ticket Protection, Waiver of Depreciation and Family Protection. You could also opt for Accident Forgiveness or Liability for damage to non-owned cars.
- Making a claim is easy. You will be assigned a claims professional who will provide you with information and keep you updated throughout.
- PC Insurance is partnered with fewer insurance providers. This means you may not have access to the best rates.
- Some insurance providers are only available in certain provinces, meaning you may not have access to all eight.
PC Insurance is another great insurance broker in Toronto. Although they are partnered with fewer insurance providers, they do offer more than a dozen discount opportunities to help you keep your premium low.
It only takes a few minutes to receive a quote and no obligation is required. So why not visit their website today?
Our final offering is Belairdirect. Belairdirect has been a provider of home and auto insurance in Canada for more than 60 years. In 1997, they became the first car insurance company in North America to offer online car insurance quotes.
Belairdirect is backed by Intact Insurance and backed by the Intact Financial Group. They are one of the top insurers in North America.
Belairdirect offers customized car insurance plans. Your optional coverage options include:
- Accident Forgiveness
- Collision Insurance Coverage
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage
- Auto Comfort
- Belairdirect Roadside Assistance
Belairdirect prides itself on its great customer service. They offer a 30-minute claims guarantee. This means the claim process will be initiated within 30 minutes of you reporting it.
They also offer some great discount options, including multi-vehicle discounts, bundle discounts and a safe driving discount.
Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of Belairdirect’s car insurance policies in Toronto.
- You will have 24/7 online access to your Client Centre to manage your car insurance, access your documents and track any claims.
- The claims process is quick and simple. Claims can be submitted over the phone, online or through the mobile app.
- If you opt for one of belairdirect’s repair shops, the insurer reinspects the repair work before handing over the keys and settles the bill directly with the repair centre. Belairdirect offers a guarantee on the repair.
- You can save up to 25% on your policy if you demonstrate safe driving.
- Belairdirect has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). This is the highest possible rating.
- There are fewer additional coverage options available.
- There are fewer discounts available, compared to some of Belairdirect’s competitors.
Belairdirect is a proudly Canadian insurance provider. The main benefits of choosing this company are their excellent customer services, their easy claims process and their Client Centre.
If you are looking for an insurance provider you can rely on, who are established and well-known, Belairdirect could be a great option. Visit their website today for more information, or to begin your insurance process.
Factors That Impact Your Car Insurance Rates
Driving in Toronto is not cheap, and not just because of the high gas and parking rates. Car insurance in Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area is known for being expensive. One of the biggest reasons is that Toronto is a big city with a bigger potential for accidents and theft. Toronto auto insurance companies thus see Toronto as a bigger risk and will charge higher premiums.
Keep reading to find out what other factors impact the rates of your car insurance in Toronto.
Unfortunately, car insurance companies rely heavily on the driver’s demographics when offering a premium. Toronto drivers that are men tend to have a higher premium. This is because of historical evidence showing they are more likely to use their car to street race, drive recklessly, or under the influence.
Toronto car insurance companies will also look at the driver’s age. If you are young, your auto insurance will be higher. Providers believe that younger drivers have less experience and are more of a risk. If you keep a clean driving record each year, your premium will likely go down with age.
Where You Live
Your postal code is one of the main aspects an insurance company will look at. RATESDOTCA has stated that the top five most expensive car insurance areas in Ontario are in the Greater Toronto Area (including Toronto and Brampton).
These areas are known for having more accidents. Some of these neighbourhoods may be known for having a higher rate of vehicle theft. If your postal code shows you are in an area of Toronto with many prior car insurance claims, you will be charged more. This is because the likelihood you will also make a car insurance claim is higher.
Insurance providers not only look at the driver but the actual vehicle as well. Car insurance providers will take into consideration the make, model, and production year of your vehicle when creating a premium. Often, the more a car is worth, the higher your premium will be. The Toronto car insurance provider will have to pay more to fix a Ferrari than a Honda.
In terms of vehicle type, sports cars come with the highest premium. They are often worth more and tend to be involved in more accidents, making them a liability in the insurance provider’s eyes.
Another big factor an insurance provider will look at is your driving record. If a new insurance provider sees that you have had many accidents or tickets, your premium will be much higher than someone with a clean record. This is because the Toronto car insurance provider believes you could have similar infractions in the future. They would then have to cover you for them.
Your driving history needs to remain consistently clean if you want to have a lower Toronto car insurance premium. If you lose demerit points or get into an accident, your premium could go up when your insurance policy is renewed.
If you are a new driver and don’t have a driving history, this is also negative. Insurance providers will have nothing to gauge how your driving is without a history. So. they tend to charge more and then adjust based on your driving record as it is formed.
Type of Insurance
What type of auto insurance coverage you have will impact the cost as well. In Toronto and, more generally, Ontario, you must have car insurance by law. Your insurance for the car must cover third-party liability, accident benefits, direct compensation and property damage, and uninsured automobiles. This is the minimum amount of coverage required in Toronto and Ontario.
If you get add-ons such as comprehensive coverage, your Toronto car insurances premium will be more expensive.
Similarly, the deductible you choose for your policy will affect your monthly premium. Typically, the higher the deductible, the lower your monthly premium will be.
The Bottom Line
You likely don’t want to pay for another type of insurance in Toronto, but auto insurance is legally required and extremely helpful. Any damage to your car could cost thousands to fix. If you don’t have auto insurance in Toronto, that would have to be paid out of pocket.
Make sure you have the best auto insurance policy available to you by using RATESDOTCA. Compare and contrast all the car insurance in Toronto easily from your own home.
Don’t waste any more time, Toronto, head over to RATESDOTCA to apply for your auto insurance today!