Drivers of any type of vehicle in Canada are legally required to have auto insurance. This is to keep you, your vehicle, and other drivers protected. As auto insurance varies a lot between different companies, drivers trying to find the best quote may have a hard time.
Calling various auto insurance companies can be time-consuming for drivers, but what is the alternative? Online car insurance search engines! This guide is here to help you find the best auto insurance providers in Canada for drivers of any age, with any postal code, and any type of car quickly and easily. We also did our part in reviewing the best car insurance in Ontario as a whole, Brampton, Toronto, and Vancouver.
There are plenty of car insurance companies in Canada, especially in big provinces like Ontario and British Columbia. Finding the best company, however, can be tough. Everyone has different car insurance needs. Similarly, your car insurance premium will vary greatly from other drivers based on factors such as your postal code, driving record, what car you have and whether you have winter tires or not.
So, how can you find the best vehicle insurance quote possible? Thankfully, there are car insurance search engines such as Insurancehotline.com and RATESDOTCA available. Once you put your specific details into these search engines, you will see the car insurance providers that can meet your needs for your vehicle. This is one of the best ways to compare and contrast multiple car insurance at once to ensure you are getting a great deal.
Below, we’re going to take a look at the pros and cons of using Insurancehotline.com and RATESDOTCA. Keep reading if you want to use the best car insurance search engines in Canada!
Best Car Insurance Companies in Canada Reviews
Another great insurance comparison site is Insurancehotline.com. Insurancehotline.com partners with providers that offer auto insurance for cars and motorcycles as well as life, travel, home, and commercial insurance.
Insurancehotline.com is one of the oldest insurance search engines as it has been around since 1994. The company has an office based in Toronto, Ontario but provides online and phone services to Canadians all over the country.
Using Insurancehotline.com is completely free, and you are not obligated to choose any of their providers. If that doesn’t sound enticing enough, let’s look at some more pros and cons of using Insurancehotline.com.
- You can see sample quotes from previous buyers before you input your own information. This will help you estimate the cost of your premium.
- Insurancehotline.com will help suggest discounts available to you. For example, certain alumni, unions or professional affiliations can receive extra discounts.
- You can also bundle a variety of insurances from Insurancehotline.com to get a discount as well.
- Insurancehotline.com is not only a search engine. They are an educational center as well. You can find guides to finding the perfect policy as well as information about the price of insurance in each province.
- Policies are customizable. For example, you can choose a deductible from $100 to $1,000 as well as liability coverage of $1 million to $2 million.
- Insurancehotline.com partners with 30 different brokers in Canada.
- The first step to getting a quote is inputting your postal code. Once you do, Insurancehotline.com will ensure the policies they are showing you are available in your area.
- To finalize the search process, you need to call Insurancehotline.com and speak with an insurance broker. They will go through your options in more detail. This means the entire process is not done online.
- Similarly, the call centre to finalize your quote is not available 24/7.
- Not all insurance types on Insurancehotline.com are available in every province.
Using Insurancehotline.com is a great way to find the perfect policy to suit your needs exactly. They offer tailored quotes, and an insurance broker will help you understand every part of your policy beforehand. If you want more information about policies in general, Insurancehotline.com also offers great guides on their website.
If you prefer a process that could be done completely online at any time, Insurancehotline.com may not be the website for you. If not, head over there now to get your free, no-obligation quote today!
Another great way to find a variety of car insurance quotes at once is on RATESDOTCA. RATESDOTCA is a search engine to find insurance for car, life, pets, business, homes, health, and travel. It’s a one-stop-shop for all your insurance needs!
Getting your car insurance quotes from RATESDOTCA is easy and free. All you need to do is input your personal information and information about your car. Then, details about the specific coverage you’re looking for. RATESDOTCA will then show you insurance companies that can fit your needs exactly.
Let’s take a deeper look into the pros and cons of using RATESDOTCA.
- RATESDOTCA has been around since 1999, and they are now Canada’s premier online comparison site.
- There are many auto insurance policies available. You can find motorcycle insurance, car insurance for either standard or classic cars, and RV trailer insurance.
- Coverage varies a lot, depending on your needs. You can choose from liability coverage from $1 million to $2 million. Deductibles also range from $500 to $1000.
- You can pay for your car insurance per month or per year.
- RATESDOTCA partners with more than 50 insurance companies.
- You can get your free car insurance rates in less than ten minutes.
- RATESDOTCA helps you save time by showing you multiple car insurance rates at once.
- Getting car insurance quotes on RATESDOTCA is completely free.
- You are not obligated to apply for a policy with any insurance company that is offered to you by RATESDOTCA.
- As RATESDOTCA offers a variety of insurance types, you can pair one with your car insurance to get a lower rate. Many Canadians choose to bundle their auto insurance and home insurance together.
- You can only use RATESDOTCA if you are in Ontario, Alberta, Or Quebec. It is not available in other provinces or territories.
- RATESDOTCA is only an insurance search engine, not a car insurance provider themselves. This means you will have to fill in two applications.
- There is no live chat feature available on RATESDOTCA.
As RATESDOTCA is completely free and easy to use, what do you have to lose? It is one of the best ways to get multiple car insurance quotes at the same time to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Drivers have enough to worry about; car insurance doesn’t have to be one of them.
There is no pressure to apply for an insurance policy with any insurance company RATESDOTCA offers. So, head over there now for your free car insurance quote!
The Bottom Line
The take away here is that finding the best auto insurance in Canada is not as hard as you may have thought. Simply head over to RATESDOTCA, Insurancehotline.com, or both to search for insurance quotes specific to your needs.
If drivers are looking to lower their auto insurance, getting winter tires and extra safety features is a great place to start. You could also pay for your policy per year rather than per month as well.
Ultimately, using an insurance search engine is free and saves you plenty of time, so what have you got to lose?